Friday 12 September 2014

Marie Claire Trunk Show Cape Town


The Marie Claire trunk show is basically a shopping party with live entertainment, food, and competitions. It took place at the City Hall in Cape Town on Thursday 4th September.

Even though I work at Woolworth Head Office just behind the City Hall the first time I had been in the building was for TEDx Cape Town 1 week before the MC Trunk show. I have always heard how beautiful the building is and now I can finally say this is not an exaggeration it is truly beautiful and now one of my favourite buildings in Cape Town

Each room had different stands of fashion brands and jewellery on display. I love how there is this increased awareness of South African talent and the promotion of local designers.

Some sections had food and drink for sale. I loved the food section as my favourite Chinese place from the Thursday Earth Fair market was there as well as the Vegan stall from the Saturday Oranjezicht market (yes I love markets).

The main hall had a Nifty250 social printing section, a JC Le Roux bar, couches for lounging around, and a stage set up for entertainment purposes. My friend and I spent most of our time here because of the great entertainment not to mention sharing the dance floor with Aspasia Karras the head editor of Marie Claire whose skirt was the highlight of the trunk show for me.



My friend and I had been to the Johannesburg MC trunk show before and we still think that was better than the Cape Town show. We know it was the first time in Cape Town and because of the beautiful venue and great pictures we got at the end of the night all was forgiven 






 

























No comments:

Post a Comment