Saturday 13 September 2014

Forever 21 Cape Town



The mega US fashion brand Forever 21 finally opened its doors today in Canal Walk.

Headquartered in Los Angeles, Forever 21 began as Fashion 21 – a 900sq ft. corner shop founded during the mid eighties. Sales multiplied by tenfold after just one year and new stores began popping up all over the show, with the brand eventually changing its name to Forever 21. Now it’s got an international footprint in ten Latin American countries, 19 Asian countries and five European countries.

The Canal Walk store is just like the stores overseas – massive!
It’s easy to get lost in this store with all it has to offer from ladies clothing, accessories, shoes, basics, denim, lingerie and even active wear. I felt as though I was walking through the London Oxford Street store with all the hype - Queues so long they ran out the door, music, laughter, and sales staff in a frenzy looking for sizes to help customers. The kind of hype I love in a fashion store, as would many other retailers ;)

For those who don’t know, Forever21 is the Mr Price of America. If you shop their US store online as I’ve done in the past, you’ll know you can snap up a necklace for a dollar and a pair of jeans for seven. Their stuff is cheap as chips.
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the prices in S.A. Jeans for R150, Bracelets at R15, dresses for R170, Kimonos at R279 and top at like R199. I know these are not Mr Price prices but hey we have a Mr Price here that we can always go to and at least these prices are not far out that no one can shop there. Given the long queue in store I believe its safe to say there was no resistance to these prices.
In summary I loved the store its current and very fashionable! It did remind me a lot of Cotton On, but hey we can never have too many of those.  I do not like malls and particularly dislike going to Canal Walk but this store opening is just another reason to visit that mall at least once a month!



























The Queue



No comments:

Post a Comment